On June 18, 2009, it will have been 3 years since my father was killed in an event that I will never fully understand. Basically, Father's day is the worst day of my life. I still miss my father emensly [sic].
I don't know what I am going to do this year besides miss him. Thank God for my wife.
She is reading a website writen by my Dad and I. it is about the history of my family, (pre-American Revolution days) and so on. She doesn't know how much it stings to know she is reading it and why should she? She should know about how deep my family roots are vested in this country. My fore-father James Hearn received a comendation from the newly formed U.S.A. for services rendered during the American Revolution. The problem is, I am definitely the product of these people and I know full well my background. I know why I don't panic in dangerous situations. I know a lot about myself due to my knowledge of my family's history. I know why I joke around during serious situations. I know why I don't lose my head during an emergency. The problem is, I am afraid that she will see the same pattern my father and I discovered while researching our family's past.
Love,
J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment