Appetizers:For 4 to 6 people.
Soak wooden skewers or you'll burn the shit out of them like I often do.
Get a 2 quart bowl, pour one 12oz. can of crushed pineapple (retained) two tablespoons of red pepper (ground and flakes), about one tablespoon of black pepper and a teaspoon of kosher salt, about 2 shots of spiced rum (I used Mount Gay), and about 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey (I used clover honey). Chop the Peppers and onions and let them soak in the spicy and sweet pinapple juice for a half hour so they really take on the sweet and spicy flavors.
Mix-it real good, with your bare hands, like you're hot for pineapple. Yeah that's right. Mmmmm. Oh yeah. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Hmmmm. Oh well.
Now push this new gew between some bell peppers, pinapple chunks (diced), onions and pork (I use chops).
Put this hot and spicy and sweet thing over hot coals for up to 15 minutes. Flip and let sit over hot coals for another 5 minutes. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. You know what I'm sayin'? That's right.
I suggest sear the meat prior to this so you don't poison yourself and others.
Now I don't stick to this recipe, strickly you know, because some day's are spicier than others.
Love,
J.
No comments:
Post a Comment